Curious Article On Freddie
NOS
2003-10-02 03:38:01 UTC
FHM (Australia) released an issue this month with a bonus 'FHM 2004 Survival
Diary'. There are many "did-you-know" facts listed on the pages thoughout
this diary and, curiously enough, there is a small blurb about Freddie in
the November section.

This is the article:
______________________

THE QUEEN OF EXCESS

Freddie's lifestyle should have killed him far earlier...

Drugs
At a launch in 1978, Freddie hired dwarves to walk around with plates of
cocaine on their heads.

Sex
While shagging in a Philippine brothel in the '80s, a rentboy being
"pleasured" by Freddie suffered a prolapsed rectum. "Bring me another!" he
shouted. "This one's broken!"

Bikes
Once challenged by Judas Priest's Rob Halford to prove he was manly enough
to wear leather, they raced each other on superbikes.

Blood
When dying, he suffered up to 12 hours of blood transfusions every day,
having to take medication intraveneously.

________________________

Any thoughts?
Nick
2003-10-02 06:32:43 UTC
Post by NOS
Sex
While shagging in a Philippine brothel in the '80s, a rentboy being
"pleasured" by Freddie suffered a prolapsed rectum. "Bring me another!" he
shouted. "This one's broken!"
Whoa, callous! And probably illegal to boot. Not to mention questionable in
many other categories.
Stephen
2003-10-02 08:56:20 UTC
And along with everything else in the article, no doubt either
exaggerated or completely false.
The band have always denied the dwarf story - altho not the cocaine
taking <grin>
As for the Judas Priest/Rob Halford story, I have heard something like
it, but no race actually took place. Merely that Rob Halford challenged
Fred [after seeing the "Crazy Little Thing.." video if I remember
correctly]. Of course, considering Rob Halford later came out, I think
he had some nerve criticizing Fred for not being butch enough for
leather <grin>
Also... the blood transfusions thing doesnt sound right from what I know
of AIDS care, and from what Ive heard of Fred's last days [altho Im
prepared to conceded I may well be wrong]. Frankly it sounds no more
likely that Keith Richards long-rumoured [but apparently untrue]
complete blood transfusions to combat his high drug toxicity levels.
Ah well.... just more crap added to the legend.
Steve
many other categories.
Nick D
2003-10-02 09:13:24 UTC
Post by Stephen
Ah well.... just more crap added to the legend.
You'd have to hope the rentboy story is untrue, and it doesn't sound like
something Freddie would do (but then how would we know, I guess).
Buzzcen
2003-10-02 18:49:22 UTC
Sex
i've heard this story before
Bryan Harrison
2003-10-02 09:18:08 UTC
Post by NOS
Any thoughts?
Hilarious, apart from the last one, of course. What thoughts
were you after?

Bryan
Pshahotep87
2003-10-02 10:39:05 UTC
I've heard the Rob Halford one before. But Halford was quoted in Rolling
Stone (?) as saying he never even knew Freddie, although the two were in the
same room at a gay bar in Greece. Apparently, Halford and Mercury exchanged
glances throughout the night, but neither was willing to approach the other.

I've also heard the one about dwarves with cocaine. Didn't Mary Austin say
this was untrue in a TV documentary about Queen?
Jan Hauck
2003-10-02 13:59:57 UTC
Just read Phoebe's book and see a lot of times said: "Another myth
exploded". I don't believe any of those mentioned things Freddie is supposed
to have done.

Jan
Susan Stansfield
2003-10-03 03:04:47 UTC
Post by Pshahotep87
I've also heard the one about dwarves with cocaine. Didn't Mary Austin say
this was untrue in a TV documentary about Queen?
Don't know. But I'm reading Pheobe's book now, and he says the story isn't
true. And I'm sure the other stories are, as someone else here said,
exaggerated or false.

Susan

Darth Maul's Highlander Site:
http://pub54.ezboard.com/fdarthscommunityfrm20
Nick
2003-10-02 22:46:16 UTC
Post by Bryan Harrison
Hilarious, apart from the last one, of course. What thoughts
were you after?
I didn't think shagging a rentboy until he had a prolapsed rectum was
particularly funny.
stunt
2003-10-03 21:57:43 UTC
No, but the comment was!

~Jacqui
particularly funny.
Nick D
2003-10-04 05:51:02 UTC
Post by stunt
No, but the comment was!
Depends if you consider the context. Seemed a bit like a Nazi camp guard
saying, "did somebody leave the gas on?" to me.

The story is probably bollocks anyway. Thankfully.
stunt
2003-10-04 08:58:51 UTC
Post by Nick D
The story is probably bollocks anyway. Thankfully.
Quite! Which is why I thought it was funny.

Jacqui
Bryan Harrison
2003-10-06 08:04:22 UTC
Post by stunt
Post by Nick D
The story is probably bollocks anyway. Thankfully.
Quite! Which is why I thought it was funny.
Thanks. Nice to see the "sense of humour" is still alive and
well <g>

Bryan
Paul Harris
2003-10-06 18:12:31 UTC
Post by Nick
Post by Bryan Harrison
Hilarious, apart from the last one, of course. What thoughts
were you after?
I didn't think shagging a rentboy until he had a prolapsed rectum was
particularly funny.
Dare I ask.... what is a prolapsed rectum?

---
ToniTalley1
2003-10-07 00:29:59 UTC
Post by Paul Harris
Dare I ask.... what is a prolapsed rectum?
No, don't ask. Hint:::::::::parts that should be staying inside would be
sliding to the outside::::::::::::
Paul Harris
2003-10-07 16:10:49 UTC
Post by ToniTalley1
Post by Paul Harris
Dare I ask.... what is a prolapsed rectum?
No, don't ask. Hint:::::::::parts that should be staying inside would be
God help us all...

---
GChampa354
2003-10-03 17:23:16 UTC
Post by NOS
Bikes
Once challenged by Judas Priest's Rob Halford to prove he was manly enough
to wear leather, they raced each other on superbikes.
Rob Halford and Freddie Mercury never motorcycle raced. After Halford saw the
"Crazy Little Thing Called Love" video where Fred was decked in leather,
Halford acused Freddie of "ripping off his image" and challenged Fred to a
motorcycle race. Nothing came of it. And in later years it would turn out that
Rob Halford was gay as well.